THE PROTOCOL OF SUBMITTING THE TOPIC OF THE LICENTIATE THESIS AND THE DEFENCE OF THE LICENTIATE THESIS
The student has the right to complete his/her licentiate study in the period of five (5) years under the conditions in which he/she was enrolled.
- ALL FORMS FOR APPLICATION, GRADING, AND DEFENCE (OF THE TOPIC) OF THE LICENTIATE THESIS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE SECRETARIAT OF THE POSTGRADUATE STUDY AT THE LATEST A WEEK BEFORE THE DATE OF A SESSION OF THE FACULTY BOARD. The forms that have been submitted after the aforementioned deadline will not be included in the Agenda of that session of the Board. In that case, the forms will be included in the Agenda in the next month.
- For submitting the topic of the licentiate thesis, the candidate and the proposed supervisor have to fill out and sign the Form lic. sc. 01 – Submission of the Topic of the Licentiate Thesis.
- The Form lic. sc. 01, filled out and signed by both the candidate and the proposed supervisor has to be submitted to the Secretariat of the Postgraduate Study of the Catholic Faculty of Theology (KBF) of the University of Zagreb in two copies. Another copy should be sent as a word document to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting his/her application (Form lic. sc. 01), the candidate sets in motion the procedure of approving the topic of the licentiate thesis and appointing the supervisor, which is done by the Faculty Board of the KBF. The potential/proposed SUPERVISOR from the Form lic. sc. 01 DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT AT THE SESSION OF THE FACULTY BOARD (within the Form the supervisor will give his/her explanation and accept the appointment, as well as submit the topic for the approval of the Faculty Board).
- The candidate has the right to withdraw the accepted topic once, if he/she provides an explanation of objective circumstances and has the approval of the supervisor to propose a new topic under the conditions and within the deadlines proposed by these Regulations.
- After the candidate has completed his/her licentiate thesis, the supervisor of the licentiate thesis will present the grade of the licentiate thesis in the Form lic. sc. 03, while the candidate will use the Form lic. sc. 04 on the basis of the opinion and grade of the supervisor in order to file a request to the Faculty Board of the KBF of the University of Zagreb to appoint the Committee for the Defence of the Licentiate Thesis.
- The Form lic. sc. 03 (in two copies), lic. sc. 04 (in two copies) and spirally bounded licentiate thesis in three copies, i.e., five copies, are to be submitted to the Secretariat of the Postgraduate Study at the latest a week before a session of the Faculty Board. THE SUPERVISOR HAS TO BE PRESENT AT THAT SESSION OF THE FACULTY BOARD.
- The supervisor of the licentiate thesis will present the grade of the licentiate thesis to the Faculty Board by using the form of the Faculty.
- The forms need to be submitted in a word document by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
- On the basis of the opinion and grade of the supervisor, the Faculty Board will accept the grade for the licentiate thesis and appoint the Committee for the Defence.
- After the Board has reached the decision on the appointment of the Committee for the Defence of the Licentiate Thesis, the members of the Committee will, together with the candidate, set the date of the defence. The date has to be submitted to the Secretariat of the Postgraduate Study at the latest two weeks before the defence will take place.
- The candidate can be admitted to the defence of his/her licentiate thesis if he/she has passed all exams and fulfilled all other obligations of the second cycle.
- The defence of the licentiate thesis is public. The call to the defence has to be made public at least a week before the defence. The procedure of the defence is determined by the protocol (Lic. sc. 05 – Protocol of the Defence of the Licentiate Thesis).
- The Committee for the Defence of the Licentiate Thesis will grade the thesis after the defence. If the candidate has defended his/her licentiate thesis, the grade can be rite, cum laude, magna cum laude i summa cum laude. The grade is determined by the majority vote of members of the Committee for the Defence of the Licentiate Thesis. The licentiate thesis is defended only once.
- At least a week before the defence, the candidate will pay the sum of 5.000,00 kn.
- The licentiate students obtains the rights of the licentiate of science, specified by the work law, on the day when the licentiate thesis has been successfully defended. He/she obtains the full rights of academic title and diploma when he/she has given the solemn oath at the promotion.
- In the period of one month the candidate is obliged to submit five (5), i.e., seven (7) copies of bounded licentiate thesis and its electronic version to the Secretariat of the Postgraduate Study.
- The licentiate thesis will be archived in the written form in the library and in the archive of the Faculty.