Name of the study programme:
Licentiate and Doctoral Study of Theology
Scientific area and field: humanistic sciences, theology
Head of Doctoral Study: Associate professor Nenad Malović, PhD
Office of Postgraduate Study: email@example.com, +385 (0)1/489 04 10
Type of study:
Licentiate and Doctoral Study of Theology – Postgraduate Study Programme consists of two cycles. The cycle of licentiate lasts for two years or four semesters, the second cycle, i.e. the doctoral year, lasts for one year or two semesters.
Duration of the Study :
The Licentiate Study of Theology (2nd cycle) lasts 4 semesters (120 ECTS) and is completed after writing and defending licentiate thesis.
The student has the right to complete his/her licentiate study (2nd cycle) in the period of five (5) years, under the conditions in which he/she was enrolled.
The Doctoral Study of Theology (2nd and 3rd cycle) lasts for 6 semesters (180 ECTS). In the canonical area it involves the obligation to obtain the academic degree of Licentiate in Theology. The study is completed after writing and defending doctoral thesis.
The student has the right to complete his/her doctoral study (2nd and 3rd cycle) in the period of eight (8) years, under the conditions in which he/she was enrolled.
Academic title acquired after graduation:
Licentiate Study of Theology – by completing the study the student obtains the academic degree of Licentiate in Theology (lic. theol.) in the canonical area.
Doctoral Study of Theology – by completing the study, the student obtains the academic degree of Doctor in Humanistic Sciences, Field of Theology (dr. sc.).
Licentiate Study of Theology – total number of credits earned after completing study programme: 120 ECTS credits
Doctoral Study of Theology – total number of credits earned after completing study programme: 180 ECTS credits
Form of the Study:
Licentiate and Doctoral Study of Theology has seven modules conducts in accordance with the The Strategic Programme of Scientific-Research Work 2015.-2020.
The Faculty conducts the postgraduate study through the following modules:
- 1st module: Contemporary Perspectives of the Relation between Philosophy and Theology;
- 2nd module: Conciliar Research and the Renewal of the Church;
- 3rd module: Systematic Theology Facing the Signs of the Times;
- 4th module: Ethical-Moral and Social Relevancy of Theology and the Church;
- 5th module: Ecumenical Theology and Dialogue of Religions, Worldviews, and Cultures;
- 6th module: Contemporary Pastoral Challenges between Theory and Practice;
- 7th module: The Church and Theology throughout History.
Skils and Competences (Learning outcomes of the programme):
- successful and responsible scientific work in accordance with the highest standards in the area of humanistic sciences and in the field of theological research;
- independent scientific and teaching work at one of the scientific-teaching or scientific institutions;
- independent direction of scientific projects;
- independent publishing of scientific works;
- continuous improvement at the post-graduate level;
- communication and evaluation of achieved results of research in the field of theology;
- application of acquired generic skills.
Tuition and fees per semestar: 7.5000,00 croatian kuna
For further information please visit https://www.kbf.unizg.hr/english/studenti-i-studiranje/poslijediplomski-studij/opis-studija/
Marija Ferlindeš, mag. paed. relig. et catech.
Office of Postgraduate Studies
Tel: +385 1 4890 410